We are pleased to announce the General Availability of VMware vCenter Configuration Manager (VCM) 5.5, a key component of VMware vCenter Operations Suite.
The primary theme for the 5.5 release is “Cloud Ready”. New capabilities within this release significantly increase the ability of the VI team to ensure that their VMware Infrastructure (vCenter, ESXi, vCloud Director and vShield) is properly configured to meet the rigorous demands associated with virtualizing business critical workloads – including addressing requirements associated with VMware’s own hardening guidelines.
Few highlights of this release are:
- Deep configuration visibility, change tracking, and compliance management for VI admins across the Cloud Infrastructure Suite
- Simplified set up process for vSphere and vCloud management
- Comprehensive set of REST based APIs for virtual and physical Guest OS Management
- VCO workflows to automate patching and compliance of vCenter templates and offline VMs
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) 1.0 support – important for federal and other markets
- Full support for 3-tier deployment architecture
links for 5.5: