ThinApp 5.0 is now available at the VMware ThinApp download site.
WHAT’S NEW WITH THINAPP 5.0?
- Support for 64-bit applications and for an additional operating system: Windows 8.1! You’ve been asking…and we are now delivering the ability to virtualize 64-bit applications using the same friendly packaging mechanism and capabilities that you already use in our previous releases. No learning curve necessary!
- Optimized architecture which preserves our agentless approach but leverages in-line hooking using NTDLL.DLL for improved application compatibility and performance–utilizing this layer helps us virtualize both modern and legacy applications more efficiently. See the Horizon Flux blog for more details on these changes.
- Support for integration of AppSense personalization settings between native and ThinApp versions of applications. See the AppSense announcement for more information.
- Run virtualized Internet Explorer 10 (32- or 64-bit) NOW! Keep in mind that you can either deploy IE 10 as a virtualized package or simply leverage virtualized plug-ins like JREs within the native IE 10 browser. Internet Explorer can be used on Windows 7 and 8 but will not be supported on Windows 8.1 at this time.
- To help manage those virtualized browsers and clunky web apps, use our patented ThinDirect technology with improved ADM and ADMX files, available in the ThinApp installation directory, for URL-based management of native and virtualized browsers.
- Virtualized Office 2013 anyone? You bet–we can do that: deploy virtualized Office 2013 to Windows 7 environments as a gradual migration plan or as a standardized installation. We are now offering packaging guides that have been verified by our own engineers and support group: